By reading the following conditions of entry into the market you are deemed to accept
the terms and conditions and abide by them to secure a place in the market. In the
event of a breach of the terms and conditions of entry you will forfeit your place in the
market, and if necessary a formal complaint will be made to An Garda Siochana. The
organizers and/or management's decision is final in this regard.
1. No stallholder/trader shall gain entry to and/or exit from the market other than
through the trader's entrance situate at Old Woodfield Road. All
stallholders/traders must report to the office before proceeding to their pitch.
2. Management will make pitch/stall assignments. Pitches/stalls assigned are nontransferable.
All traders/stallholders must comply with and adhere to the rules
on set up and punctually set up hereafter.
3. Set up will begin between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. on Market Day. During this
period traders may enter the market area for the purpose of readying their stall
place/pitch for the day's sales.
4. Management cannot guarantee a particular pitch in the market and so
stallholders/traders should be in their assigned place before 9 a.m. Any
pitches unoccupied by 9 a.m. will be available for allocation to other traders or
stallholders on a first come, first served basis and subject to the discretion of
management unless management are contacted and agree in advance.
5. Costs: The management reserve the right to set an individual tariff for use of
the market stall on any particular day. The hours of use of the stall should be
entirely at the discretion of the management which said times may vary from
stall to stall and from week to week. All fees should be paid in advance in the
matter and mode as determined by the management.
6. Stallholders/traders pay rent for occupying part of a market site. Temporary
occupation of that pitch by the stallholder/trader on the day does not create or
establish any right, lease, agreement, contract or easement on that site, and the
stallholder/trader is subject to removal by management from any position in
accordance with the wishes of management. Management reserve the right to
remove any stall from the market if, in the judgment of the management, the
stall in question no longer subscribes to the overall policy of the market.
Management reserves the right to adjust and change the direction of
management policy without consultation with the traders/stallholders.
7. Each stallholder/trader is responsible for cleaning his/her stall area to the
satisfaction of management. All stallholders/traders shall remove from the
market all litter/debris generated by the market activity. Any clean up by
management will be charged to the trader/stallholder.
8. All stallholder/traders must remain within the boundaries of the pitch allocated
9. Management is not liable and assumes no responsibility to any personal items
or property in and/or under the stalls.
10. The sale of the following items is not permitted:
a. Counterfeit DVDs, CDs or any other goods.
b. Alcohol or drugs of any kind.
e. Stolen property.
f. Unsafe goods.
g. Any goods as deemed to be inappropriate by management.
11. Where stallholders/traders move fixtures and fittings belonging to third parties
within the market, it is the stallholder/trader's responsibility to return them to
their previous position and to accept full responsibility for any damage. It is
also the stallholder/trader's responsibility to pay care and attention to the
grounds of the market and any costs in respect of repairs thereto shall be borne
by the stallholder or trader.
12. All food stalls are subject to environmental health regulations. It is the
responsibility of each stallholder/trader to be aware of the rules and
regulations relating to their particular product. All food licences (where
appropriate) must be valid and displayed prominently at front of stall. Due
care and attention by stallholders and their agents in regard to stall hygiene is
13. Traders/stallholders must comply with all laws, civil and criminal, rules,
regulations, and bylaws at the time being enforced. All traders must comply
with any/all directions issued by members of An Garda Siochana and stewards
patrolling the premises. CCTV cameras are in operation on the premises and
can be made available to An Garda Siochana in the event of a criminal
14. All traders/stallholders and patrons must behave in an orderly and cooperative
manner. Traders must not engage in any criminal activity. All traders are
responsible for the actions and behaviour of their representatives, employees
or agents and agree to indemnify the management, their servants or agents in
full against all claims for cost or compensation arising from any actions that
result in injury or otherwise to any person.
15. Persons whom in the opinion of management are in breach of the within terms
and conditions and/or pose a risk to market safety, security and/or who
interfere with the commerce and operation of the market may be advised to
leave by management or its duly authorized representative, service and/or
agent. Any such person may be removed from the market premises by use of
an oral and/or written trespass warning. Management reserves the right to
pursue any cause of action whether civil and/or criminal available to it in
respect of an act of trespass.
16. All litter is to be removed from the trader's area at the end of each market day.
17. Management reserves the right to make alterations to the above conditions of
entry into the market as and when they deem necessary.
18. Management reserves the right to refuse permission to any person or persons
to be on the premises for any reason.
19. Management reserve the right to request all stallholders/traders to provide their
names, addresses to management through the office located at the Main
Entrance of the Market. Failure to do so may result in admission being